The need to transform digitally was always crucial for enterprises. Pandemic has only given it a further push. But is your business struggling with issues like insufficient bandwidth and budget, presence of legacy systems, and lack of enterprise skills? These may prove to be a barrier to enabling digital transformation.
Low-code technology could be that missing part of the puzzle you need to overcome these challenges. Using low code, you can democratize app development for users that do not have the technical know-how. How exactly? Let’s figure that out in this article.
Five ways low-code technology overcomes digital transformation challenges
The demands of digital transformation can hinge a lot on having the right talent for your business. But a talent shortage should not put you in the backseat. Low-code application development with Mendix can help you overcome digital transformation challenges. Here’s how.
- Democratizes app development The demand for the creation of business apps is always more than what the available talent can meet. It translates to a talent gap, which hampers digital transformation progress. Low-code overcomes this challenge by empowering people with even limited technical knowledge to become citizen developers.Businesses can launch quality apps while meeting compliance norms and cybersecurity issues. The intuitive user interface of low-code platforms is ideal for creating apps, websites, workflows, etc. Advanced capabilities of these platforms also include the support for backend integrations. Users can create unified web portals by integrating different data sources.
- Aids visual development Low-code platforms reduce the app development time to four weeks from the standard six months. The drag-and-drop functionality helps users to create frontend applications most seamlessly. It is also possible to build rapid prototypes and test and improve them based on feedback.Low-code platforms promote innovation by giving users the chance to build and test ideas quickly. For example, a user may feel a function can be helpful to improve the user experience. Without wasting much thinking on the same, users can build, test, and seek feedback to accelerate the app development process.
Drag-and-drop functions, connections to APIs and data sources, and baked-in security are the top features of low-code platforms. These aspects eliminate the hassles of traditional app development. With hardly any coding required, app development projects get completed in the shortest time.
- Allows seamless data integration Low-code platforms deliver apps that are highly scalable and customizable. Users can create customized apps that remain integrable with legacy applications. The integration is possible through API connectors and middle layers.Examples of legacy applications can be your enterprise software like CRM and ERP. Database integrations and APIs help you make the most of your legacy investments. The overall value for your business remains tremendous.
- Improves app lifecycle management Low-code platforms enable rapid, flexible, and cost-friendly app development. The apps also remain adaptable for enrichments and require less maintenance. Users do not need to rely on traditional developers during the app development process.Managing the entire app development lifecycle is also seamless. Users can develop, deploy, monitor, maintain, and update apps in real-time. The platform also ensures complete adherence to security norms, compliances, and version control.
As there is little code involved in the development process, the need to maintain it is also less. Users can quickly make changes based on stakeholder feedback.
- Enables cost savings Project backlogs can be terrible for a business, leading to wastage of time and money. Delays can often be due to the lack of talented developers and the software to churn the desired apps. Low-code helps you overcome these issues and enables your teams to achieve much more in less time.Low-code app development platforms also offer visual building blocks like integrations, custom logic, and pre-built UI components. These are repeatable and reduce the development time. Users can also scale apps by connecting to different data sources. Users can build and scale enterprise-level apps in no time. Cloud deployment also helps extend those apps to end-users across geographies.
Enable seamless digital transformation for your organization today with OmnePresent
Digital transformation is a crucial phase for your business that will help you overcome existing challenges and improve business performance. And low-code technology will be the right option. It is the driver of innovation and bold ideas you can implement and test seamlessly. You can use low-code platforms to increase agility, eliminate silos, and overcome competition.
OmnePresent is a leading Mendix consulting services provider. As a premium low-code development services provider, we have helped 100+ global businesses drive innovation. We have the right know-how and talent to help you achieve your digital transformation goals.
Get in touch with us today to see how our low-code services help you drive digital transformation.